Voices of Safety International (VOSI)
VOSI Memorial to
Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
(11/15/1928 - 11/21/2006)
"Dr. Bernard Rimland is autism's worst enemy . . . "
VOSI Memorial to Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
(11/15/1928 - 11/21/2006)
By Donald C. Meserlian PE, VOSI Chairman
Dr. Rimland, Founder & Director of the Autism Research Institute and
myself, Donald Meserlian (1927 - ?), have been friends and colleagues in research in the
cause, treatment, prevention and cure of autism spectrum diseases since 1968
when I first contacted him for suggestions on how to treat my son Alan who
became autistic after having an adverse reaction to the DPT vaccination at age
2. Both "Bernie" and I are fathers of an autistic son. Bernie’s son,
Mark, is recognized internationally as a talented artist. Thanks to Bernie
my son Alan, who was non verbal until age 7, was able to graduate from high
school (special education classes) at age 21, played the piano, and had a driver’s
Bernie and I would meet each other whenever he had speaking
engagements in NJ We would both discuss each others research and
would help each other financially to fund our research. Bernie’s
"Autism Research Institute" was a significant contributor
to the VOSI "Research Report" on the strength of a newborn’s
immune system based on testing the Immunoglobulin E (IgE) in
umbilical cord blood. (www.voicesofsafety.com's "Standard to
Delay Vaccinating Newborns": http://www.voicesofsafety.com/ph/v503a/research/).
The 1600 samples tested indicated approximately 5% of newborns have a deficient immune system that warrants delaying the Hepatitis B
(Hep B) vaccination and testing the immune system for IgE before
Achievements: (ref: Bernard Rimland - Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Rimland)
- 1958 , with the help of a college textbook he diagnosed his 2 year old son Mark was autistic.
- 1964 wrote the first of 7 books on autism: "Infantile Autism: The Syndrome and Its Implication for a Neural Theory of Behavior".
- 1967 founded the "Autism Research Institute" (ARI) , a "global network of parents and professionals concerned with autism. ARI conducts and fosters scientific research intended to enhance treatments for, and prevention of autism. The ARI data bank, the world’s largest, contains over 35,000 detailed case histories of autistic
- Editor of "Autism Research Review International" (ARI)…Note: See the Autism Research Institute’s recognition of the VOSI Autism standards at www.voicesofsafety.com …"Public Health" in a 6/13/2001 letter from ARI describing what would be published in the
- 1988 was instrumental in having Dustin Hoffman portray an autistic savant in the Oscar winning movie "Rain Man". Dustin Hoffman interviewed Mark Rimland to realistically portray the symptoms of autism.
- Mid 1990’s autism epidemic, currently 1 in approximately 150 school age children; Dr Rimland was "among the first medical professionals to draw attention to what has since become a staggering increase in autism".
- 2005 Defeat Autism Now! (DAN!) Conference, Long Beach, CA. Videotape of recovered autistic children using the
See the Recovered Autistic Kids Videos on YouTube:
- Several years ago Dr. Rimland celebrated his 50th wedding anniversary with his wife, Gloria.
Obituaries: (Ref. Autism Research Institute http://www.autismwebsite.com/ARI/index.htm
"Published Obituaries and Articles About Dr. Rimland")
- TIME Magazine December 11, 2006, Milestones section.
- "The Independent", London, November 28, 2006…"Bernard Rimland: Psychologist researcher into autism who overturned the theory that it was a reaction to bad parenting"
- Los Angeles (LA) Times, November 26, 2006 "Bernard Rimland,78: author was the father of modern autism research"
- Union Tribune, November 22, 2006 "Bernard Rimland: psychologist "ended the dark ages of autism""
- "Autism World Loses a Giant"
Voices of Safety International’s (VOSI) Contribution to Autism Research:
- A study of over 1200 children who had received either "None’,
"Some" or "All" of the government
mandated vaccinations indicated the following response to the
question "Is your child normal?":
"None" 98% "Some" 88% "All" 78
%. (see VOSI Research Report - V50.2 - Standard
for Eliminating Mercury (Thimerosal) in Vaccines, Ban the
Triple Vaccines, DPT & MMR, and Permit Freedom of Choice
- These same parents were surveyed to determine what they
believe caused their children to become autistic. "Mercury
("Thimerosal") a vaccine preservative", "The
triple vaccines DPT or MMR"., or "Genetics"
The results were: "Mercury" 18%, "Triple
Vaccines " 62% "Genetics" 20%. (see VOSI
Research Report - V50.2A - The Contribution of Mercury, the
MMR and DPT Triple Vaccines and Genetics as Causal Factors in
Learning Disabilities and Autism at http://www.voicesofsafety.com/ph/v502a/research/)
The sum of the mercury and the triple vaccines showed that
80% of the parents believe that vaccines caused their child’s
autism This is the same % confirmed by Dr. Bernard Rimland at
the DAN! Conference
A VOSI financed study, to measure the strength of a newborn’s
immune system before they receive the Hepatitis B vaccine at
birth, showed that the Immunoglobulin E (IgE) was above the
normal range in approximately 5% of the 1600 samples (see
VOSI Research Report - V50.3A - Standard to Delay Vaccinating
Newborns at http://www.voicesofsafety.com/ph/v503a/research/)
VOSI formed an Autism Research Task Group (ARTG) to study
both the VOSI research reports and the government’s position
that vaccines are "safe and effective". The 9 member
ARTG included a member of the North Caldwell , N.J. Council
appointed by the mayor. The VOSI Research Reports were
approved unanimously whereas only two thirds of the participants
supported the governments position.
Voices of Safety International Memorial to Dr. Rimland:
The following proposed "Proclamation" will recognize both the contributions of Dr. Rimland and Voices of Safety International’s Internet based "Research Reports" and "Standards" that define the probable major cause of the autism epidemic, vaccinations, and the means for preventing (screening the strength of the immune system) and curing
(DAN! Protocol) autism.
The "Proclamation" will be sent to the governors of
the 50 United States, requesting that they both sign and
publicize the "Proclamation" as both a tribute to the
memory of Dr. Rimland and as a public service to their citizens
to inform them of the VOSI Internet based Standards and Research
Reports available at VOSI
On-line Proclamation to Dedicated Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
(11/15/1928 - 11/21/2006).
VOSI proposed a similar "Proclamation" that was
signed by N.J. mayors and the Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr.
September 26, 2006 (Click
Anyone who would like to donate to either the Autism Research Institute in memory of Dr. Rimland or the VOSI Research Fund should send donations to:
Autism Research Institute
4182 Adams Ave.
San Diego, Ca 92116
264 Park Ave
N. Caldwell, N.J. 07006
Voices of Safety International (VOSI) - ©1998 - 2018
Last Updated: 2007-01-19